Bouquet in a Card's "Spring Daisies"
Bouquet in a Card offers unique flower delivery gifts packaged in a neat little boxed card that looks great on your desk, counter, or mantle! Now that Spring is here, we have a few new floral arrangements for delivery to celebrate the bright colors that go hand-in-hand with the increased sunshine (or to cheer someone up in the rain!)
Our Spring Daisies bouquet bursts with delightful purple daisies enhanced with greens. They are sure to bring a smile to any face.
Flower delivery recipients often love the gift of daisies so much, they seek to keep the happiness going by planting daisies in their gardens!
If you would like to plant some daisies around your home, here are some ideas to get your daisies going:
1. Daisy seeds can be sown directly into your garden. They will begin to bloom the second year after planting.
2. Nearly all daisies are perennials—they'll come back year after year. African daisies are an exception; they are annuals and must be replanted.
3. If you want daisies to bloom in the first year, you should start your seeds indoors 6 to 8 weeks before the last frost of the year.
4. Since it is already late April, if you want daisies to bloom this year in your garden, purchase young plants from your local gardening center. They will also be knowledgable about specific types of plants that will do well for your geographical area.
5. Daisies need frequent water only until the roots take hold. Afterwards, only water in times of drought or if they look extremely dry.
6. Daisies look delicate but are actually pretty tough and are rarely bothered by insects. Beginner gardeners love them because of their success rate!
7. Daisies look great when planted in clusters. However, if you overcrowd your garden, the plants might produce small blooms.
8. We deliver flowers to British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan... these are all places where the temps can drop significantly in winter. If you live in a colder climate, you will want to protect your daisy bed in the winter with a heavy mulch.
Flower delivery gifts, like our Spring Daisies, can be a great introduction to inspire many years of garden beauty. Bouquet in a Card offers many ideas for all occasions.